Whether it’s a toilet repair, a tap replacement or a sewer overhaul, you want to rely on a reputable professional. After all, it’s your home and your money. The family-owned Donley AC & Plumbing experts share 5 key questions consumers should ask before hiring a plumber.
1. Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
• In Arizona, the Registrar of Contractor (ROC) licenses residential and commercial plumbing to companies with qualified agents who pass extensive plumbing and business exams.
• Companies that are tied offer financial protection to the consumer if the job is not completed or does not meet professional standards.
• You can check that a plumber’s license is up to date and review complaint history by company name or ROC number.
• You can also check a plumber’s reputation through the Better Business Bureau.
2. What does the estimate include?
• Ask for a breakdown of materials, manpower, and an emergency for any problems.
• Is work a flat fee or an hourly rate? Most professional companies use flat rate pricing that is customary in the industry.
• Ask what is not included in the estimate.
• Obtain a full quote in writing before doing any work.
3. How long will it take?
• While some situations are more difficult to assess before starting work, in most cases a professional should be able to provide a time frame.
• Another option is to ask about best and worst case scenarios so that you can plan accordingly.
4. Who will do the work?
• Ask if the person making the estimate will do the work. If not, find out who will and ask about their qualifications.
5. How do you feel about your work?
• Obtain written details of labor and part warranties and guarantees.
• • This is another reason to check company information through the Registrar of Contractor. An active license gives consumers the opportunity to submit formal complaints for the government agency to investigate.
Comments are closed.