Champion Plumbing helps Oklahoma City homeowners fight feisty clogs with tips for preventive drain care | 2021-05-12 | Press Releases
Area experts provide best practices for clearing clogs and unblocking pipes
OKLAHOMA CITY , May 12, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Champion Plumbing, a leader in plumbing services to the Oklahoma City Area that offers tips for local homeowners looking to keep their kitchen and bathroom drains clean and clear this summer.
“Material will inevitably build up in your pipes over time,” he said Brent Harpole , Co-owner of Champion Plumbing. “But if you follow a few simple regular maintenance steps and make sure you keep everything that shouldn’t be down there, you’re less likely to run into major clogging and build-up-related problems. Nobody likes dealing with clogs It makes sense not to sculpt them at all. In the long run, you and your family will appreciate the results, and you’ll also extend the life of your plumbing system by reducing wear and tear. ”
Harpole recommends incorporating the following habits into your household routine to help tackle clogging and keep drains free:
- Use drain protection. A drain cover in the sink or shower should be the first line of defense. Keeping hair and other foreign objects out of the drain will reduce clogging and reduce unpleasant odors.
- Rinse with hot water. Periodically pour a kettle of boiling water down the drain to remove or decompose material that has built up in the pipes. Adding salt or a mixture of baking soda and vinegar will give a clean boost and fight odors.
- Rinse carefully. Only flush organic waste or toilet paper. All other products belong in the trash or in the trash, even if they are labeled as flushable. Paper towels, cotton balls, wet wipes, cat litter and other materials don’t disintegrate like toilet paper, so they can build up in your pipes or end up in the public sewer system.
- Keep kitchen waste away. Fat and coffee grounds are common culprits for kitchen clogs. Throw these in the trash can (or in a compost bin for the coffee) to save stress and reduce the wear and tear on your pipes.
- Skip commercial chemical cleaners. The cleaners commonly found in grocery stores and hardware stores contain harsh chemicals that can damage piping and pose health and safety risks. Avoid them in favor of DIY cleaning mixes.
If you encounter serious drain problems that don’t respond to simple home solutions, contact a professional. Champion Plumbing’s experts provide safe and effective solutions to a wide variety of stubborn situations. Visit https://callthechamps.com/.
About Champion Plumbing
Champion Plumbing was founded in 2015 and is run by the couple from Leslie and Brent Harpole . Champion provides plumbing and water quality services to residents Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and environment. The team specializes in water heaters, drain cleaning, garbage disposal, water filtration systems and backflow repair. The company is committed to giving back to the local community and helping them with their plumbing needs.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/champion-plumbing-helps-oklahoma-city-homeowners-fight-feisty-clogs-with-tips-for-preventive-drain -care -301289165.html
SOURCE Champion plumbing