Flossmoor Trustees will be asked at their meeting on Tuesday, September 8th at 7:30 p.m. to ratify the additional costs incurred during a project to clean and watch storm sewers in several flood prone areas.
The meeting was postponed from Monday to Tuesday due to the Labor Day holidays.
Public Works Director John Brunke noted in a memo to village manager Bridget Wachtel that the contractor for the project encountered heavy debris and sediment in several places that needed to be removed to ensure the sewers were at full capacity. The additional work resulted in more costs than originally planned.
In other business areas, the board of directors is asked:
- Approve the purchase of two elevators that will be used for vehicle maintenance to replace obsolete equipment.
- Review the quarterly report on the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Consider appointments to the Green Commission, the Planning Commission, and the Community Relations Commission.
- Consider replacing portable police radios.
- Consider filing a request for day-day approval for Knights of Columbus on Friday and Saturday September 18-19.
- Consider applying for day-day approval for Girl Scouts from Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana January 1–17.
- Consider a resolution setting September 17-23 as constitutional week.
- Consider a motion to attend a closed session to discuss individual employment, property purchases, and litigation.
The meeting will be held in person and remotely via Webex. The public can monitor the meeting by calling 1-408-418-9388. The access code is 126 208 7051 and the password is 60422.
Anyone present in person must wear face covering. Temperature tests will be conducted and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
The capacity of the boardroom is limited to 50 people.
Public participation is only permitted during the citizen comment section of the agenda. Members of the public can comment on agenda items by emailing [email protected]. Comments received by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday will be read at the meeting.
Comments are closed.